In order to be considered at a meeting, the organization must be based in the North Grenville and surrounding area and it must be a registered not-for-profit or charitable organization eligible to provide tax receipts for donations. It must be previously established (no start-ups). No national or international charities, programs or organizations will be considered at this time as the current focus is on contributing to our local community. Any member wishing to submit a charitable organization for consideration must complete the website Nomination Form at least two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
Yes, as only registered not-for-profit and charitable organizations in North Grenville will be sponsored by the group your tax receipt will be issued immediately following your online donation directly to the email you provided. This receipt will show from the Ottawa Community Foundation. Please print and save for income tax purposes.
A member who has signed the Registration/Commitment Form can fill out the Nomination Form (found on this website) at least two weeks in advance which will be put into a hat for a random drawing before the meeting. The nominating member will be asked to give a short 5 minute presentation as to why the organization they are nominating should receive the donation and then spend 5 minutes for Q & A. If arranged, the charity/non-profit can do the presentation but need to understand they only have 5 minutes to do so. We encourage members to participate by submitting the names of local, needy, charitable organizations!
Please make your quarterly donations 48 hours prior to our meetings if possible.
We no longer accept cash, cheques, or e-transfers. Payment is by online donation only.
Please follow these instructions below to make your donation.
1. Go to the Ottawa Community Foundation website, following this link:
2. Type "100 Women" in the search bar under "Option 1" and it will pop up as "100 Women Who Care North Grenville". (Please be careful not to choose 100 MEN who care!)
3. Highlight our charity name from the drop-down menu: 100 Women Who Care North Grenville
4. Then click next to continue.
5. The next screen is where you enter your personal information.
6. Select that your donation is "one time," and enter the amount ($100 if you are a single member, $25 if in a group of 4, $50 if in a group of 2).
7. Then click on: "Share my gift with the prime contact of fund."
8. Follow the instructions on the next page to enter your credit card information.
Voila, you're done!
** If you are in a team, it is up to your team on how you want to make donations. You can split the $100 each quarter, OR you can take turns making the full $100 donation. You will still get a tax receipt either way.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and support – together we are making a difference in North Grenville.
Because the goal of 100 Women Who Care North Grenville is to make a large donation on behalf of the whole group, the answer is no. We want to be able to support this endeavor and give $10,000+ dollars at a time to make a large impact in our community with each member's donation being part of the larger donation. This is the power of joining forces! We also need to be able to track your donations so that you get credit for the donation and remain eligible for submitting charities and voting at meetings.
Absolutely not! 100 Women Who Care North Grenville is organized and operated entirely by volunteers. 100% of the money raised at our meetings goes directly to the selected organizations!